Home Hardware Return Policy
Our goal is to ensure you receive the best products for your needs. If you are not completely satisfied with your in-store or online purchase, in most cases, you can return it for a refund within 90 days of purchase, unused and in its original packaging with your original receipt. See the full Home Hardware Return Policy for details.
Note: The use of ‘Home Hardware stores’ refers to all Home Hardware, Home Hardware Building Centre and Home Building Centre bannered stores.
In-Store Purchases: Home Hardware Returns Policy
Home Hardware stores will accept the return of most unused, regularly stocked merchandise for refund or exchange within 90 days of purchase provided it is unused, undamaged, in its original packaging and accompanied by the original bill of sale.
Terms and Conditions:
- All merchandise is subject to the manufacturer’s warranty and will be repaired or replaced as per the manufacturer’s direction.
- Lumber, Building Materials, Furniture and Major Appliances are excluded from the Home Hardware Returns Policy and are subject to local store policy.
- Cut materials, tinted paint and stain, special-order and final sale merchandise are not returnable.
- There are no returns on used outdoor power equipment; it is subject to the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Items that are opened, or not in resalable condition may not be eligible for a refund or exchange.
- If you do not have a receipt, any refund or exchange will be handled at the discretion of store management and may be refused or issued at the lowest selling price as a Home Hardware Gift Card or store credit.
- Photo ID may be required.
- Gift Card Sales are final. You may not return, cancel, or redeem for cash any Gift Card after it is purchased, unless otherwise stated by law. Stolen, lost, or damaged cards cannot be replaced.
- All Home Hardware stores are independently owned and operated and may have additional conditions and exclusions.
Online Purchases: Home Hardware Returns Policy
Most unused, regularly stocked merchandise purchased online at homehardware.ca can be returned for refund within 90 days of when you receive your order. Online purchases include both online orders that are picked up at a Home Hardware store and those that are directly shipped to you. Both types of online purchases can be returned to any Home Hardware store. If your online purchase was shipped to you directly you also have the option to make your return by mail.
Terms and Conditions:
- Items that are damaged, defective, or missing need to be reported within 3 days of delivery. Please fill out the online return form here.
- Items must be complete in the clean, original packaging.
- All merchandise is subject to the manufacturer’s warranty and may be repaired or replaced as per the manufacturer’s directions.
- Major Appliances may be returned within 30 days and may be subject to a restocking fee.
- All fuel-powered equipment (including but not limited to lawnmowers, trimmers, chainsaws, snowblowers, etc.) must be returned to a Home Hardware store whether it was originally picked up in-store or delivered directly to you.
- The product must be unopened and unused to receive refund.
- There are no returns on used power equipment; it is subject to the manufacturer's warranty. Contact your local store or email email@example.com for more details about warranties on outdoor power equipment.
- Online Clearance items are considered ‘final sale’ and are not returnable.
Return online purchase to a Home Hardware store:
- Merchandise can be returned to any store at no charge.
- Merchandise must be accompanied by the original bill of sale.
- Photo ID must be presented at the time of the return.
- Any shipping charges on original purchase may not be refunded.
Return online purchase by mail (Option for purchases shipped directly to you):
- Regular stocked online merchandise that was shipped directly to you can be returned directly to the Returns Centre within 90 days of when you received your order.
- Product must be in unused condition, in its clean original packaging.
- You must use the provided shipping label which includes a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number.
- You may be responsible for the cost of shipping the merchandise back to the Returns Centre.
- Any shipping charges for the original delivery may not be refunded.
- Funds will be returned to the original method of payment once the return has been processed at the Returns Centre.
- The following online purchases cannot be returned by mail, they must be returned to a Home Hardware store:
- Mirror doors, tub and shower units
- Items that weigh over 60 pounds
- Items classified as Dangerous Goods (items containing chemicals, compressed gas or liquids which could pose a health or safety risk).
The Home Hardware Returns Policy may be modified at any time without notice.