Treat yourself to the comfort and style of this classic beach chair that is equally at home on the sand as around the campfire, deck, or patio. The seat section nestles into the back section for convenient storage and portability.
Rob Brown designs and builds custom furniture and is the editor of Canadian Woodworking and Home Improvement magazine. www.canadianwoodworking.com
What You’ll Need
- band saw 1345-341
- table saw 1346-636
- planer 1260-219
- adjustable clamps 1022-481
- sanding blocks 1061-282
- cordless drill 1239-220
- 9” wide x 10’ long x 1” thick wood board
- 5” wide x 15” long x 1” thick contrasting wood board for 3 back slats
- #8 x 2” deck screws 100 pack 2182-404
- 3/8” x 4’ hardwood dowel 2624-445
- glue 2020-067
- exterior finish
NOTE: The chair will tilt forward if you sit on the front edge of the seat. Ensure you sit towards the back of the seat and lean against the back to keep the chair from tilting forward when in use.